The company’s challenge – to meet future demands for integration and connection to parking equipment and facilities, and to meet customer demands for quick responses to their questions or problems. Running a business with an operational system that does not have support and is based on outdated technology is extremely risky and expensive for the business. The solution was to procure a new operational system that could meet the future needs of Stockholms Stads Parkering.
Renting and monitoring more than 72,000 parking spaces and administering more than 240 facilities using technical equipment requires an effective support system that can be adapted in order to develop the business. Having a large team of service engineers and outsourcing a team for on-call fault reporting requires effective technology for managing mobile units and service orders. For many years Stockholms Stads Parkering successfully used an operational system that they had developed themselves. However, the problem was that the system’s technical platform was outdated, making it extremely risky and dependent on staff, with costs constantly rising. This situation had to be addressed. They also wanted to achieve a lower cost of ownership compared with their old operational solution that they had developed themselves.
Stockholm Stads Parkering decided to procure a standard future-proof system that had a strong underlying organisation. They chose the Dynamics 365 platform from Microsoft; a platform with millions of users around the world and a strong network of certified partners.
They chose Softronic, which has extensive experience of delivering solutions based on Dynamics 365, Dynamics NAV and Qlik. Softronic has extensive experience of e-commerce, web and mobile solutions. The solution also included ExFlow for workflows and for authorising supplier invoices.
The functions in the platform include:
- Powerful support for managing customers, partners and supplier relationships
- Queue management with logic to administer parking spaces with a message function
- Rental of 1,000 parking spaces with rent payment reminders
- Support for customer service and on-call services, including troubleshooting guides and distributing service orders
- Integration with more than 20 external suppliers
- Handling parking fines with reminders and requirements analysis
- Powerful statistics and reporting options
- Support for rebuilding and establishing new facilities
- Key and cage management
- Support for a sales-based business model with self-billing
- Facility accounting based on the latest requirements
- Electronic management of supplier invoices with authorisation
- The entire solution is integrated and can be monitored direct in Economy & Accounting
Some of Stockholms Stads Parkering’s goals for this project were achieved ahead of schedule. As well as modernising the system support and improving compatibility, our competitiveness in future procurements for system-related services was an important factor.
Stockholm Stads Parkering now has a solution that makes the work of its customer service staff easier by providing them with a better overview and overall picture of the customer. On the customer screen the officer can view any matters that have been reported along with previous contact, rental agreements, parking facilities, accounts ledgers, etc.
Changes to the operations can now be reflected more easily in the operational system, which can normally be achieved through configuration.
It has also become easier for them to retrieve data and create reports on profitability per car park/facility. The users themselves can create instrument panels and views that show outcomes and key figures, providing them with better data for business decisions.